Sunday, 5 October 2014

'Caught' - Animatic and storyboard

Here's the animatic I made for about 1 minute of a short animated film concept I have. It is called 'Caught' and tells the story of a freedom-loving fisherwoman who falls in love with a crane that lives on an isolated island. It's quite an abstract story and is an artistic expression of a relationship that begins and ends. If it is made, I feel it could work well in stop-motion. 


video

I feel uncomfortable working out the timing in animatics, whilst I am happy making storyboards. This is quite a big issue to have as an animator so I will need to overcome it by practicing more!
Below is the storyboard I made for this project.




I like the above panel in particular as I feel it is quite dynamic with the bird swimming towards the camera and diving under the water.





No comments:

Post a Comment