Friday, 17 April 2015

Runepaw background concepts






When developing background concepts for Runepaw I began with some thumbnail sketches and looked at existing pre-school animated shows.
I then moved into digital art and began experimenting with overlays. I quickly decided to use brighter colours and bolder shapes.













I found this one a bit bland. 


Not colourful enough and maybe a bit too scary for a very young audience?



Lots of place to explore.


The viking's home


The iceberg in the foreground needs changing to a more fitting shape. I started adding other colours than blue to the sky to make the backgrounds more colourful.


A simple interior of a feast hall.


The ship is designed so that the audience can see the interior easily.


Learning about constellations / navigation by stars.


I think this one is over designed and not engaging enough, but overall I am pleased with the different backgrounds I produced.

No comments:

Post a Comment