Friday, 17 April 2015

Runepaw character concepts



 My initial attempts at character concepts for Runepaw were too complex for a pre-school tv show. So did a lot of research on current pre-school kids tv shows and viking culture, then mixed the two together in sketchbook development.



Going on from these sketches I began experimenting with colour and creating more refined characters.



Simple shapes. Which eyes work best?


Bright colours.


How these characters move and what makes them interesting.


I did not include many weapons as it was a kids' show. Instead I tried to encapture the excitement of adventure from the vikings. 


I was thinking a lot about how these characters might be animated. I like a lot the shows done using CelAction and I think this style would work well using that method.

No comments:

Post a Comment