Week 6: Reading Week

This week gone was 'Reading Week', a chance to concentrate on researching my dissertation and that's exactly what I did. I feel that I am in a very good place with my dissertation and feeling confident about writing it up over the next two weeks.
Also this week my editor Sophie and I created another draft animatic which we will be presenting to the story group tomorrow. From that there will be some more changes to make (hopefully not too many!) for the next draft.

One thing I didn't get a chance to do this week was cleaning-up the Alphabet Patch characters ready for rigging. I have crew member Aaron Donlon doing some of the characters, and we will spend this coming week finishing them off.

The week after next week (9th November) I aim to begin animating, so I will need to do a shot breakdown of the animatic. As I am producing Jack's film too, I will also be scheduling his animation process. This heralds the start of a more hands-on producer role for me, as previously Jack had been getting on with his preproduction without much prompting. With the advent of a more involved crew, heavier producing will be required to make sure everyone knows what to, when to do it by, and that they do it.

The plan for this week coming is to get to the studio early to work on the characters, then when the studio gets busier in early afternoon to head to the library and work on my dissertation, before heading back to work in the studio again when it is quieter in the evening.

Sorry there are no images for this week's post, it  has mostly been writing and reading. But here is a picture of the pumpkin I carved for Halloween:

Jack's is on the left, mine is on the right