Painting a DISNEY MOANA Nesting Doll Set from Start to Finish - PART 4/5

It's now time for the star of the show - Moana herself! The fourth largest doll - I plan to make one more "Watch Me Paint" YouTube video for this doll, but the last 4 dolls in the set will only be revealed in a final 'unboxing' video showing the full set.

DAY 1 - 2 hours

All I managed to get done today is Moana's face - but I am pleased with the result! I always start by painting the face and I feel it is the most important part to get right. Even though this face is smaller in scale than the larger dolls it still took just as long to complete. Tomorrow I plan to paint the hand, paddle and hair.


Day One - Front

DAY 2 - 2.5 hours

I painted a bit of everything today, and made good progress on lots of areas. The main achievements of the day were the completed flower crown, hand and paddle. The hair, clothes and ocean waves will all need some refining tomorrow. It makes a nice change to paint a smaller doll after the larger dolls in the set - it takes a lot less time to get things done!

Day Two - Front

Day Two - Side

Day Two - Back

DAY 3 - 1 hour

I just needed to tidy up a few elements of the design today. I had a nice relaxing time adding shading to the hair, highlights to the waves and patterns to the clothes. This was a really fun doll to paint and didn't take much time at all! I'm pleased with the finished doll as well, so all in all - a good experience! I only have 4 small dolls left to paint for this set, which I will finish this week, so stay tuned for the final reveal of the whole complete Disney Moana nesting doll set next Monday!


Completed Doll - Front
Completed Doll - Side

Completed Doll - Back


Watch the painting video below, please like and/or subscribe if you can:


Comments

Popular Posts